Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

"How Many Times"(Poem #1) --Let the Blogging Begin

     Now is the time to share the Christian poetry that GOD started laying upon my heart to write, dating back to January 2003. These poems have only been shared at churches and a few times on social sites such as Facebook and MySpace(Does anybody MySpace anymore? I know I lost interest years ago. Oh well.). Now I want to share them with the world. I pray they touch your heart as much as they've touched mine. Ok, let's do this:

How Many Times

How many times did YOU knock on my heart
To offer me Light, but I chose the dark
How many times did YOU knock, yet again
To open my eyes to all of my sin

How many times did YOU try to reach me
To send forth YOUR WORD, to guide and to teach me
How many times 'til YOU finally broke through
When I opened my heart and saw it was YOU

How many times have I cried since that day
How many times have I knelt down to pray
How many times have I thanked YOU my KING
For all of YOUR love and joy that YOU bring

How many times have I pictured the cross
Nails driven in YOU, to save who are lost
Thorns pressed on YOUR head, spear jabbed in YOUR side
Blood pouring out of my KING who had died

How many times have I thought of YOUR grave
And the life that YOU lived, the life that YOU gave
How many times have I thought of that tomb
So cold and so dark, yet so full of bloom

How many times have I thought of that day
When the angels rolled that stone away
How many times have I seen YOU arise
Alive once again, to the HEAVENLY skies

How many times do I remember that story
Of YOU, KING of my heart, KING of all GLORY
How many times have I thanked YOU today
It's never enough for the price that YOU paid


By Don Acree
      January 3, 2003
      #1

     Well, fellow readers, leaders and followers, this is the first of many. Please share this with others. The more we can all spread the WORD, the more BLESSED and enriched this world will be. If you're a CHRISTian reading this, I pray you've been uplifted, encouraged, inspired, rejuvenated. If you're not a CHRISTian, I thank you for taking the time to read this. I pray this will help lead you to CHRIST(Romans 10:9-13) before it's ETERNALLY too late.

     Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read this poem. Poem #2: "Say Hello To JESUS" is coming soon. May we all use THE "LIGHT" WORDS today.

(You can also follow me on Twitter: @DonAcree)

1 comment:

  1. My dream of sharing my CHRISTian poetry around the globe starts here! Please help me spread the dream 8-)

    ReplyDelete