Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

"Talking With GOD"(Poem #4)

     Hello Faithful Friends. I'm so glad you showed up for another installment of THE "LIGHT" WORDS. If you are here for the very first time, I'm glad you were able to come find this. I hope you hang around and became a Faithful Friend. I'm listing poems here that I started writing over 10 years ago and continue writing to this day. In order(And sometime in the near future, some short readable sermons). Hopefully it will show my growth and different writing styles and perspectives from when I started back on January 3, 2003 to where I'm at now. So without further ado(I first thought it was adieu until I looked it up. Adieu means farewell. That wouldn't be good to tell you bye when we haven't even started yet. Now the word ado doesn't look as fancy as adieu, but it will have to, uh, a-do):

     TALKING WITH GOD

I'm talking with GOD when you see me in prayer
HE listens to me and shows me HE cares
By BLESSING this life HE holds in HIS hands
And teaching me life when I don't understand

I'm talking with GOD when a new day begins
I pray that HE guides me past all of the sin
GOD knows I'm not perfect and sometimes I fall
But I know GOD forgives me when HE hears my call

For GOD was made flesh in a miracle birth
GOD became JESUS and walked on this Earth
HE knows what it's like to walk by my side
HE bore all my sins on the Cross, then HE died

Therefore, GOD knows about all of my fears
HE'S endured all my pain, HE'S felt all my tears
HE left all the comforts of HEAVEN above
To experience my life, to show me HIS LOVE

Then after three days, HE arose from the grave
And went back to HEAVEN to prepare me a place
Where there's no more sorrow, no more crying
Where there's no more pain and no more dying

There will be no more darkness, no more night
And no need for the sun, for THE LORD giveth LIGHT
Living in HEAVEN for ETERNITY
I'll be talking with GOD, HE'LL be talking with me

But, I won't be alone, as the BIBLE doth tell
All the saved will see HEAVEN, all the rest will see Hell
So, if you're not saved, how long will you wait?
Start talking with GOD before it's too late


By Don Acree
     January 27, 2003
     #4

     So please tell someone you love about JESUS today(Romans 10:9-13). What a wonderful BLESSING it is to lead someone to CHRIST. It never gets old! Have a BLESSED day and keep using THE "LIGHT" WORDS today. I bid you "adieu." 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment