Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Trials I've Known(Poem #7)

     Hey "Light" Words peeps! I'm glad(and hope) you made it back. It's been a while. I believe I stated during the last blog that I wouldn't wait a month between blogs ever again. Oops(blush).

     I was overwhelmed by the positive responses from my last poem/blog, "I Thought I Knew Love." Thank you so very much for the kind words and the "views"(you know, people checking it out).

     Well, at least I learned my lesson of never saying never when it comes to blog posting. So let's just hope and pray it won't be a month(or longer) between blogs...next time. So let's get it going.

"The Trials I've Known"

I'm thankful for all the sorrow
That I've ever had to know
Because without that sorrow
In CHRIST, how could I grow?

I'm glad I've lived through pain
Though at times was hard to bear
But JESUS chose the nails
How can my pain compare?

There's not much worse than heartbreak
But, I'm grateful for that, too
'Cause JESUS healed my broken heart
With a HEAVENLY LOVE so true

My life has had its enemies
My prayers for them I send
If my LORD had not shown mercy
Where would my love begin?

I've seen loved ones pass away
It's a hurt I can't explain
But, life's ETERNAL once we die
So, I live for HEAVENS gain

Through all my burdens and troubles
Through all the trials I've known
For everything I've been through
My LORD has led me home

I know the LORD will give me
No more than I can bear
No matter what may lie ahead
My LORD'S already there

By: Don Acree
       February 3, 2003
       #7

     If you're new to The "Light" Words, this is a series of poems that I started writing back in 2003. It was time to share them with the world(right now the "views" say a small neighborhood, but hey it's a start).

     I pray that it won't be long until I post another one. The plan was once a week. We shall see. If you like them, please pass The "Light" Words along. Until next time, I pray you will receive BLESSINGS from these poems. Please feel free to check out the previous ones, also.

     Shameless Plug: I have over 100 CHRISTian designs at Cafe Press(cafepress.com) under the title, Shake Off The Dust.
     Shameless Plug(#2): You can join me on twitter @DonAcree. Feel free to leave comments here or at #thelightwords. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment